Thursday, October 8, 2015

Kiri Toffee || Milk Toffee

My husband requested me to make some of these cuties.. coz he just love them with unsweetened evening tea! Even I do! This has been my childhood favorite. So why should I bother making when there's a sweet enough reason? 

My only concern was the right consistency coz that's where usually I go wrong:/ But this time I made sure to keep an eye from start to end and... a big YAY!! flawless victory at the end! Thanks to my kiddo, he didn't interrupt me in between the stirring part. 

Guess what?? You don't need me to tell you how scrumptious they are... If you have not tried it yet, no excuses!! Just grab the things needed and head 
to the kitchen. Spare an hour or less and I bet you it will worth the effort.



Number of Servings : 35 - 40 pieces

Ingredients:

Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 Can (395g)
Sugar - 1 Cup/200g
Butter - 30 g
Roughly Chopped Cashew Nuts - 1 Cup
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Water - 1/2 Cup


Method:

1. Grease a tray or plate with a small amount of butter and keep it ready.


2. In a nonstick wok, add the water, sugar and condensed milk. Wash out any remaining condensed milk in the can with another cup of water and add that as well.



3. Using an odor-free wooden spoon mix well and place the wok on medium-low heat.



4. When it comes to a brisk boil, add the butter. Stir gently and continuously.



5. Keep on stirring for about 10 minutes or so. When the color starts to turn light brown, add the cardamom powder and continue stirring.



6. After a good stir for about 10 minutes, add the chopped cashew nuts. Keep stirring.



7. Stir for another 10 minutes or until the milk forms into a lumpy mass and comes off the sides of the wok. By now the fudge should look less glossy and lovely brown in color. (As shown in the picture)



8. This is the perfect consistency. Transfer the fudge to the buttered tray. Now apply some butter to the bottom of a clean spoon and use that to make the fudge to spread evenly.



9. While it is warm, make cuts the way you like. I ended up with nearly 35-40 squares. (Each 1"X 1"). Let it cool for an hour before you store.



And... here are my irresistible, drool-worthy milky goodness!


Notes:

*Non-stick cookware works the best for this recipe.

*Do NOT increase the flame at any point. Yes, you need to stay patient!

*You can omit cashew nuts if you wish to. Also flavor it up with few pinches of instant coffee powder if you are a coffee lover.

*Right consistency is really very important. So NEVER stop stirring until you reach that perfect consistency.

9 comments:

  1. Looks very yummy and my favorite too. But I never attempted to try it. Seeing those lovely mouth watering pieces, finally I made up my mind to try it. I already have the ingredients so in sha Allah will try soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you honey bee, Do try and let me know how it turned:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it ok if I omit the butter or is it a must ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried that way.. I hope skipping the butter won't make any difference. Of course, you can try.

      Delete
  4. It's my favourite too. It's really tasty & the consistency is perfect! Thanks for sharing the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback Shahnas, you are welcome!

      Delete
  5. So true. If you haven't tried these, no excuses ;) my husband loves this so much he buys it from the Sri Lankan store whenever they have it available. Though, homemade ones are the best ! Thank you so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. today I made this and it came out really well. this is the first time I am making this and very happy about the end result. thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by dear friend, I take it as a huge compliment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...